hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Du, Jingcheng" <jingcheng...@intel.com>
Subject RE: DeleteColumn in KeyValue
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 09:27:58 GMT
In your case, the delete cell and put cell have the same timestamp and  seqId if using bulkload.
The delete cell can be read ahead of put cell, and the scan result will be null.
You can try to use different timestamp for them?

Regards,
Jingcheng

-----Original Message-----
From: Krishna [mailto:research800@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2016 12:09 PM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org; user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: DeleteColumn in KeyValue

Hi,

I am testing the behaviour of KeyValue using DeleteColumn when applied via the bulkloading
process. When I do this, I still see NULL value for "cq"
where I expected it have "new-value". What's the correct approach to ensure "cq" keeps the
value inserted after performing delete?

context.write(key, new KeyValue(key.get(), "cf".getBytes(), "cq".getBytes(), HConstants.LATEST_TIMESTAMP,
KeyValue.Type.DeleteColumn));

context.write(key, new KeyValue(key.get(), "cf".getBytes(), "cq".getBytes(), HConstants.LATEST_TIMESTAMP,
"new-value".getBytes()));