hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kumar <kumar.da...@whishworks.com>
Subject Does hbase client 2.0 support hbase server 0.98?
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2016 16:00:20 GMT
Hi,

My java client code is currently using 0.98 code. There are very big
performance issues while using HConnectionManager to create zk connections
for every tomcat application request. My hbase client and server versions
are on 0.98. I have decided to upgraded from HConnectionManager (0.98 class)
to ConnectionFactory (2.x) class. This class naming changes happened from
HBase 1.x. If I want to upgrade my hbase client jar to latest version, i.e.,
2.x and if I don't upgrade my hbase server 0.98, would this cause any
backward compatibility issues?

Or

If Are there any ways to handle performance issues at 0.98 code of zookeeper
connection handling?