hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Tokayer, Jason M." <Jason.Toka...@capitalone.com>
Subject Hbase ACL
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 12:52:13 GMT
I am working on Hbase ACLs in order to lock a particular cell value for writes by a user for
an indefinite amount of time. This same user will be writing to Hbase during normal program
execution, and he needs to be able to continue to write to other cells during the single cell
lock period. I've been experimenting with simple authentication (i.e. No Kerberos), and the
plan is to extend to a Kerberized cluster once I get this working.

First, I am able to grant 'user-X' read and write permissions to a particular namespace. In
this way user-X can write to any Hbase table in that namespace during normal execution. What
I need to be able to do next is to set user-X's permissions on a particular cell to read only
and have that take precedence over the table permissions. I found a parameter in the codebase
herehttps://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/security/access/AccessControlConstants.java,
namely OP_ATTRIBUTE_ACL_STRATEGY_CELL_FIRST, that seems to allow for this prioritization of
cell-level over table-/column-level. But I cannot figure out how to set this with key OP_ATTRIBUTE_ACL_STRATEGY.
Is it possible to set the strategy to cell-level prioritization, preferably in hbase-site.xml?
This feature is critical to our cell-level access control.

--
Warmest Regards,
Jason Tokayer, PhD

material from your computer.