hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Natasha d'silva" <natash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase v0.98 - does disabling autoflush affect Deletes or just Puts?
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 14:18:33 GMT
Okay, good to know.

One last clarification: everytime I call:
HTableInterface table = connection.getTable(tableNameBytes);
*Must* there always be a call to  table.close()?
I would like to avoid caching a reference to an HTableInterface object, but
to do that means that I have to call getTable every time I need to
put/delete etc.
If, in turn, I must call table.close() every time, then it defeats the
purpose of disabling autoflush since each close() will trigger a call to
flushCommits().
So can I call connection.getTable() without closing the returned table, if
I ensure that I will call table.close() when I need to?

Lastly: this is what I was referring to when I mentioned that Puts and
Delets are mentioned together as Writes  in the 0.98 doc:
https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/0.98/hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.java#L91

--
-Natasha D'Silva