hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Natasha d'silva" <natash...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase v0.98 - does disabling autoflush affect Deletes or just Puts?
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 17:30:40 GMT
Hi, I would like some clarification on whether or not disabling autoflush
affects Put and Delete operations or just Puts.
The setAutoFlush doc states that it only affects Puts, but elsewhere in the
documentation for HTable, Puts and Writes are mentioned together: "In case
of writes (Put, Delete), the underlying write buffer can be corrupted if
multiple threads contend over a single HTable instance."
I would appreciate it if someone could please clarify.

Thanks!

--
-Natasha D'Silva