hbase-user mailing list archives

From <benedict.whittamsm...@thomsonreuters.com>
Subject RE: Access cell tags from HBase shell
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 20:11:57 GMT
Thanks guys. I've given it a go with the Java client but without success.

I assume I set this property in hbase-site.xml:

<property>
      <name>hbase.client.rpc.codec</name>
      <value>org.apache.hadoop.hbase.codec.KeyValueCodecWithTags</value>
</property>

Then I successfully set the labels. But the scan returns nothing new:

scan = new Scan();
ResultScanner rs = table.getScanner(scan);
try {
  for (Result r = rs.next(); r != null; r = rs.next()) {
  System.out.println(r);
  } ...

Where am I doing wrong/not noticing?

Many thanks,