hbase-user mailing list archives

From Zheng Shen <zhengshe...@outlook.com>
Subject Timestamp of HBase data
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:47:33 GMT
Hi,

I'm wondering which service on HBase service family is responsible for setting timestamp of
data when saving it to HBase?

Recently I found one of my server (has region server and some HDFS services) in  HBase cluser
has 50 seconds behinds to others on system clock (same time region).  For saving data to HBase,
we are using Java API without specifying timestamp.

Now I'm wondering if it's possible that a new data of a field could have lower timestamp if
it is processed on this server (clock behind others) while existing data was processed on
other server? If it's possible, will this lead to data loss?

Thanks!
Zheng

zhengshencn@outlook.com