hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop John <anoop.hb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on writing scan coprocessors
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2016 05:45:36 GMT
Different ways there for you to achieve

1. preScannerOpen -> Here u will get Scan object. You can add a new
Filter into the Scan  object and pass the Scan object (or the
attribute you look for) into this Filter.  The later scan op will use
this Filter and within that u can do filter of cells.

2. postScannerOpen -> Use this hook.  Here the RegionScanner is
already been made and u will get it passed to this hook. Also u have
the Scan object.  Create a wrapper for the scanner and return that
wrapper object from this hook.. Within the wrapper u can pass the Scan
attribute.   Use the wrapped scanner instance for the real next()
ops..  On the returned cells do the filtering ops

-Anoop-