hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Back up HBase tables before hadoop upgrade
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 14:21:30 GMT
bq. copy whole hbase directory to my local disk

I doubt your local disk has enough space for all your data.
Plus, what if some part of the local disk goes bad ?
With hdfs, the chance of data loss is very low.

w.r.t. hbase snapshot, you can refer to
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#ops.snapshots

For Export, see http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#export

Note, hbase snapshot doesn't generate sequence file.