hbase-user mailing list archives

From Esteban Gutierrez <este...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Major compaction
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 15:55:01 GMT
Hello Sumit,

Ideally you shouldn't be triggering major compactions that frequently since
minor compactions should be taking care of reducing the number of store
files. The caveat of doing it more frequently is the additional
disk/network I/O.

Can you please elaborate more on "reduce stress by spreading the load." Is
there anything else you are seeing in your cluster that is suggesting to
you to lower the period for major compactions?

esteban.

--
Cloudera, Inc.