hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mikhail Antonov <olorinb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retiring empty regions
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 05:31:26 GMT
Crazy idea, but you might be able to take stripped down version of region
normalizer code and make a Tool to run? Requesting split or merge is done
through the client API, and the only weighing information you need is
whether region empty or not, that you could find out too?

"Short of upgrading to 1.2 for the region normalizer,"

A bit off topic, but I think unfortunately region normalizer now ignores
empty regions to avoid undoing pre-split on the table. This is something
which makes it far less useful for time-series databases with short TTL on
the tables. We'll need to address that.

-Mikhail

--
Thanks,