hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dejan Menges <dejan.men...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: question on "drain region servers"
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 08:01:55 GMT
One of use cases we use it is graceful stop of regionserver - you unload
regions from the server before you restart it. Of course, after restart you
expect HBase to move regions back.

Now I'm not really remembering correctly, but I kinda remember that one of
the features was at least that it will move back regions which were already
there, hence not destroy too much block locality.