hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <ming....@esgyn.cn>
Subject 答复: Major compaction
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 03:15:03 GMT
Thanks Frank, this is something I am looking for. Would like to have a try with it.

Thanks,
Ming

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Frank Luo [mailto:jluo@merkleinc.com]
发送时间: 2016年4月5日 1:38
收件人: user@hbase.apache.org
抄送: Sumit Nigam <sumit_only@yahoo.com>
主题: RE: Major compaction

I wrote a small program to do MC in a "smart" way here: https://github.com/jinyeluo/smarthbasecompactor/

Instead of blindly running MC on a table level, the program find a non-hot regions that has
most store-files on a per region-server base, and run MC on them. Once done, it finds the
next candidates... It just keeps on going until time is up.

I am sure it has a lot area for improvement if something wants to go crazy on. But the code
has been running for about half a year and it seems working well.