hbase-user mailing list archives

From WangYQ <wangyongqiang0...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: question on "drain region servers"
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 06:15:05 GMT
thanks
in hbase 0.99.0,  I find the rb file: draining_servers.rb

i have some suggestions on this tool:
1. if I add rs hs1 to draining_servers, when hs1 restart, the zk node still exists in zk,
but hmaster will not treat hs1 as draining_servers
    i think when we add a hs to draining_servers, we do not need to store the start code in
zk, just store the hostName and port
2.  we add hs1 to draining_servers, but if hs1 always restart, we will need to add hs1 several
times
  when we need to delete the draining_servers info of hs1, we  will  need to delete hs1 several
times

finally, what is the original motivation of this tool, some scenario descriptions are good.