hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new 4.x-HBase-1.1 branch
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2016 15:06:04 GMT
HBase announced at the last 1.0 release that it would be the last release in that line and
I think we would recommend any 1.0 user move up to 1.1 or 1.2 at their earliest convenience.
FWIW

Also, as RM of the 0.98 code line I am considering ending its (mostly) regular release cadence
at the end of this calendar year. I'd continue if there were expressed user or dev demand
but otherwise place it into the same state as 1.0. Also FWIW. I'd be curious to hear how many
Phoenix users are using 0.98 versus 1.0 and up, besides the folks at Salesforce, whom I know
well (smile). And, more generally, who in greater HBase land is still on 0.98 and won't move
off this year.