hbase-user mailing list archives

From <benedict.whittamsm...@thomsonreuters.com>
Subject Append Visibility Labels?
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2016 15:12:54 GMT
We sell data. A product can be defined as a permission to access data (at a cell level). Visibility
Labels look like a very good candidate for implementing this model.

The implementation works well until we create a new product over old data. We can set the
visibility label for the new product but, whoops, by applying it to the relevant cells we've
overwritten all the existing labels on those cells, destroying the permissioning of our older
products. What to do?

One answer would be to append the new visibility label to the existing label expressions on
the cells with an 'OR'. But I'm not sure that's possible .. yet?

Thanks,

Ben

This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient and contains information that may
be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and any attachments. Certain required legal
entity disclosures can be accessed on our website.<http://site.thomsonreuters.com/site/disclosures/>