hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: How to implement increment in an idempotent manner
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 10:00:49 GMT
At the beginning of your Storm bolt process can you not do a put of "0"? So
it start back from scratch? Or else you will need to query the value, and
keep the value to put it back if you need to replay your bolt

Other option is, you increment a specific difference column and at the end
if you are successful with your bolt you increment te initial column with
the new total counter?

JMS