hbase-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Połaczański <dpolaczan...@gmail.com>
Subject processing in coprocessor and region splitting
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 15:55:51 GMT
I have some processing in my coprocesserService which modifies the existing
data in place. It iterates over every row, modifies and puts it back to
region. The table can be modified by only one client.

During the processing size of the data gets increased -> region's size get
increased -> region's split happens. It makes that the processing is
stopped by exception NotServingRegionException (because region is closed
and splited to two new regions so it is closed and doesn't exist anymore).

Is there any clean way to block Region's splitting?

I was looking for some "global lock" in source code but I haven't found
anything helpfull.
Another idea is to create custom RegionSplitPolicy and explicilty set some
Flag which will return false in shouldSplit(), but I'm not sure yet if it
is safe.
Could you advise?