hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why Hbase only split regions in one RegionServer
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 03:38:48 GMT
When one region is split into two, both daughter regions are opened on the
same server where parent region was opened.

Can you provide a bit more information:

release of hbase
whether balancer was turned on - you can inspect master log to see if
balancer was on

Consider pastebinning portion of master log.

Thanks