hbase-user mailing list archives

From Samir Ahmic <ahmic.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase data migration from version 0.94 to 0.98
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 11:14:12 GMT
We have recently tested similar migration path source: hadoop1/hbase0.94
--> destination: hadoop2:/hbase0.98. Here is steps that we have performed :

1. stop source hbase cluster
2. use distcp to copy /hbase folder to destination cluster
3. run hbase migrate script on destination cluster (on destination cluster
we have just configured hbase cluster we never start it)
4. start hbase cluster on destination cluster

This approach worked for us. Hope it can help you.

Regards
Samir