hbase-user mailing list archives

From Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalas...@gmail.com>
Subject Back up HBase tables before hadoop upgrade
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 13:46:40 GMT
Hi All,

We have production system using hadoop 2.5.1 and HBase 0.94.23. We have
nearly around 200 TB of data in HDFS and we are planning to upgrade to
newer hadoop version 2.7.2. In HBase we have roughly 647 tables. Before the
upgrade, we want to back up HBase tables in case of data loss or corruption
while upgrade. We are thinking of using export and import functionality to
export each table. Is there any other recommended way to back up hbase
tables ?

Thanks,
Chathuri