hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sreeram <sreera...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to implement increment in an idempotent manner
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 10:14:16 GMT
The incremented field is more like an amount field that will be storing the
aggregate amount. Since the field will be incremented concurrently by
multiple bolts running in parallel, storing the value before increment and
then doing a put in case of replay will not help.

Reason to have this field is to pre-compute a certain aggregate amount and
materialize it in the Hbase table.