hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kshitij Shukla <kshiti...@cisinlabs.com>
Subject [CIS-CMMI-3] regionserver not starting up
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 09:43:15 GMT
Hello everyone,

I have compiled hbase (hbase-0.98.8-hadoop2) source, with hadoop 2.5.2
and Java 1.7 using "mvn package -DskipTests" command. Followed by
rsyncing it across the cluster. Its getting compiled successfully, but
when I trying to start hbase, starting fine on master. When I do jps on
master it output me this :

[root@ns613 c1]# jps
135001 Jps
131938 NodeManager
131837 ResourceManager
134565 HRegionServer
131385 NameNode
134314 HQuorumPeer
134418 HMaster
131679 SecondaryNameNode
131508 DataNode

But on slave regionservers are not starting up, jps(on slave) returns
the following :

[root@slave01 ~]# jps
58168 NodeManager
59033 Jps
58066 DataNode
58785 HQuorumPeer

On exploring logs on slave I found this error stack :

****************************START
2016-03-02 10:28:13,922 ERROR [main]
regionserver.HRegionServerCommandLine: Region server exiting
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed construction of Regionserver: class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.constructRegionServer(HRegionServer.java:2488)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServerCommandLine.start(HRegionServerCommandLine.java:61)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServerCommandLine.run(HRegionServerCommandLine.java:85)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.ServerCommandLine.doMain(ServerCommandLine.java:126)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.main(HRegionServer.java:2503)
Method)
     at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
     at
     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.constructRegionServer(HRegionServer.java:2486)
     ... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/yammer/metrics/stats/Sample
     at
org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.lib.DynamicMetricsRegistry.newHistogram(DynamicMetricsRegistry.java:271)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.MetricsHBaseServerSourceImpl.<init>(MetricsHBaseServerSourceImpl.java:65)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.MetricsHBaseServerSourceFactoryImpl.getSource(MetricsHBaseServerSourceFactoryImpl.java:48)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.MetricsHBaseServerSourceFactoryImpl.create(MetricsHBaseServerSourceFactoryImpl.java:38)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.MetricsHBaseServer.<init>(MetricsHBaseServer.java:30)
     at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.<init>(RpcServer.java:1879)
     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.<init>(HRegionServer.java:621)
     ... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.yammer.metrics.stats.Sample
     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
     ... 17 more
****************************END

Can you please suggest me some workarounds/clue ?

BR

--

------------------------------

*Cyber Infrastructure (P) Limited, [CIS] **(CMMI Level 3 Certified)*

Central India's largest Technology company.

*Ensuring the success of our clients and partners through our highly
optimized Technology solutions.*

www.cisin.com | +Cisin <https://plus.google.com/+Cisin/> | Linkedin
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/cyber-infrastructure-private-limited> |
Offices: *Indore, India.* *Singapore. Silicon Valley, USA*.

DISCLAIMER:  INFORMATION PRIVACY is important for us, If you are not the
intended recipient, you should delete this message and are notified that
any disclosure, copying or distribution of this message, or taking any
action based on it, is strictly prohibited by Law.