hbase-user mailing list archives

From Deepa Jayaveer <deepa.jayav...@tcs.com>
Subject HBase --aggregation using MR
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 07:43:14 GMT
Hi
   I am using Hbase 0.98 and my use case is to aggregate the data by
fetching the records from HBase table.
Need to fetch the filtered records based on the business scenario.

say,
am storing
  store_number -product_number- week - sales information  in HBase table.
Row key is storeNumber-productNumber-weekId
say, store1 - product1 -week1 -$ 100
  store1000 -product100000-week52 -$200

use case: I need to aggregate the store sales data for the selected stores
and selected products and for the selected weeks.

I thought of  writing  HBase Map reduce  but the challenge here is how to
filter the selected store/product/weeks.
The filter columns is part of the row key and will rowfilter is the good
option in terms of performance.

or shall  we go with normal HBase Java API to fetch the records?

can you please help to resolve this
and any attachments. Thank you