hbase-user mailing list archives

From 吴国泉wgq <wgq...@qunar.com>
Subject How to config the size of one Region?
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 07:41:56 GMT
hi all:
       I wonder if I increase  the size  of the  Region, will it make bad effect on  the latency
of the read operateion?
       The default size of the region is 10G  I saw from the official guide.
       I configured 100G per region on my cluster.
       Because  my Regionserver  Hardware parameters is :
             RAM: 128G
             CPU:  24 core
             Disk:   3T * 10    total:30T
        Regionserver disk capacity is 30T, if I use the default configuration(10G per region),
this will result too many regions(about 30T/3/10G=1000) on one region server.

        But when I retrieve the 100G storefile, it will take a longer time(about 50ms,sometimes
100ms+) to return the result than a storefile which is 200M(below 10ms) dose.

        I wonder to know  whether is the size of the region result in the difference?

        If 100G is too big for a region, which size will be suitful for my region server?

吴国泉   wgq.wu
Post: DBA  Hbase
Email: wgq.wu@qunar.com<http://qunar.com>
Tel: 13051697997