hbase-user mailing list archives

From Laurent Senta <laurent.se...@gmail.com>
Subject Filters & getNextCellHint details
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 09:32:02 GMT
Hi
I'm trying to use the key hints in a filter.

What I want to do:
- Retrieve the content of a given family A if, and only if, there is some
data in another column family B.

They are some details about the filter.getNextCellHint I'm not sure of:
- Are the families and qualifiers processed by the filter in lexicographic
order?
- When the cell hint is for another family, does HBase "jumps" to the next
family, without processing every qualifier in the current one?
(family B is very large; without batching I'll get random scan timeouts).

My implementation of HasDependentFamilyFilter(familyB):
- processCell(x): if family(x) == familyB => found=true, return
seek_using_hint
- nextKeyHint(x): return cell(row(x), family(x) + 1, ...)
- filterRow(): return found;

Is that correct even for very large familyB?

This is for HBase on CDH5.5, which should be based on HBase 1.0.

Thanks for taking the time to take a look,
Bests.