hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: HBase : Transaction queries
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 03:07:31 GMT
Hi Divya,

HBase doesn't support transactions like rollback and commits. It has row
level atomicity only.

Some frameworks have been build on top of HBase to provide this kind of
features but with a big impact on the performances.

You can take a look at (And I might be missing some):
- Themis
- Tephra
- Phoenix (That is using one of the 2 above)
- SpliceMachine (http://www.splicemachine.com/product/how-it-works/)
- Trafodion (I think they changed the name...)

HTH,

JMS