hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject Re: Rename tables or swap alias
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 00:25:32 GMT
Any other way to do what I was asking. With Spark this is a very normal thing to treat a table
as immutable and create another to replace the old.

Can you lock two tables and rename them in 2 actions then unlock in a very short period of
time?

Or an alias for table names?

Didn’t see these in any docs or Googling, any help is appreciated. Writing all this data
back to the original table would be a huge load on a table being written to by external processes
and therefore under large load to begin with.