hbase-user mailing list archives

From Frank Luo <j...@merkleinc.com>
Subject hbase shell to get a very flat row
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 18:23:22 GMT
I am trying to “get” a very flat row, meaning one row has 3MM columns, from “hbase shell”,
it fails with message:

   ERROR: Protocol message was too large.  May be malicious.  Use CodedInputStream.setSizeLimit()
to increase the size limit.

Anyone knows how to resolve the issue? I am on 0.98.4.

[”MerkleONE”]<http://www2.merkleinc.com/janfooter>

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are intended for use by the intended recipient(s)
only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then
delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or
distribute this email without the author’s prior permission. We take precautions to minimize
the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to perform your own virus checks
on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused
by software viruses. The information contained in this communication may be confidential and
may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.