hbase-user mailing list archives

From Samir Ahmic <ahmic.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Table copies in hbase
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 10:12:06 GMT
Hi Sumit,
IMHO snapshots are easiest way to copy tables you need just to steps:

1. create snapshot
2.  clone snapshot to another table

What version of hbase you are using? Regarding you question what will
happen in case operation fails in case of cloning snapshot i have never
experience such event if snapshot was not corrupted. In case of CopyTable
mr i assume that data will be partially copied. In any case your source
tables will be OK.

Regards
Samir