hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nasron Cheong <nas...@gmail.com>
Subject Early termination of scanning
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 05:14:14 GMT
Hi,

We have an application server that is doing long running scans of a table,
sometimes with coprocessors. Is there a mechanism by which the scan can be
terminated from another thread?

The purpose being that we want to capture the socket close event from a
client disconnecting, and propagate that down to the underlying scanner.
This is to prevent users from refreshing a query and dog piling on top of a
previously running query. Effectively this is a method to cancel the query.

Is calling interrupt() on the querying thread (from another thread) enough?

Thanks

- Nasron