hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sreeram <sreera...@gmail.com>
Subject Measuring read latency with multiple threads
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 12:21:46 GMT
Hi,

 I am trying to measure HBase read latency with concurrent users. I am
doing this by starting multiple threads in a Java program and measuring the
latency at a thread level.

I was expecting a minor increase in per-thread latency - but I am observing
that it is much more.

For example, in non-threaded mode I got 10 ms for a read operation. On
running with 100 threads, the whole work load complete in roughly 1 sec.
And every thread takes close to 1 second for end to end execution (all
threads seem to start and end at the same time).

I will appreciate any input that will help me understand this.

Thank you.

Sreeram