hbase-user mailing list archives

From "zhengshencn@outlook.com" <zhengshe...@outlook.com>
Subject HBase shaded client 1.1.x on Cloudera 5.4.7 (HBase 1.0.0)
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 08:57:57 GMT
Hi all,

Is there any known issues to use HBase client library from latter release on HBase server
in a relatively old release?

I'm running into a trouble recently when trying to create an Java based client which is used
to query data from both Cloudera HBase 1.0.0 (CDH 5.4.7) and ElasticSearch 2.1.0. The issue
is about dependency conflicts on guava library, which exactly like this one https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-14126.

As a workaround, I'm using the Apache HBase Shaded Client 1.1.2 library (which is designed
for HBase 1.1.0 I suppose) with Cloudera HBase 1.0.0 (CDH 5.4.7) . So far I haven't met any
issue yet.

However I still want to check if there is any known issues already on this combination (client
& server), so is there any common sense in HBase/Hadoop world around using different versions
of server/client in a production environment.