hbase-user mailing list archives

From Akmal Abbasov <akmal.abba...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: Changing logging settings
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 11:16:49 GMT
And is there any information about logging settings which is outputted to log file when hbase
daemon starts?
Thank you

On Jan 28, 2016, at 11:44 AM, Akmal Abbasov <akmal.abbasov@icloud.com> wrote:

Hi,
I modified the default settings for logging in HBASE, by editing log4j.properties in $HBASE_HOME/conf
directory.
Here is settings,
# Rolling File Appender properties
hbase.log.maxfilesize=256MB
hbase.log.maxbackupindex=15

# Rolling File Appender
log4j.appender.RFA=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.RFA.File=${hbase.log.dir}/${hbase.log.file}

log4j.appender.RFA.MaxFileSize=${hbase.log.maxfilesize}
log4j.appender.RFA.MaxBackupIndex=${hbase.log.maxbackupindex}

I set hbase.log.maxbackupindex to 15, old value was 20.
Rolling restarted the cluster, by restarting one daemon at a time.
But when I checked the logs directory, there is still 20 log files for HBase master daemon.
Does that mean that configs aren't working, or I should wait until the log remover will run
and delete unnecessary logs?
Thank you.