hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Nigam <sumit_o...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Table copies in hbase
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 10:22:43 GMT
Thank you Samir,
I am using version 0.98.

In case of a snapshot I cannot pre-create the target table. Like, I may want to specify the
more pre-splits for target table than the source table. Is that possible in an anyway?

Best regards,

Sumit

      From: Samir Ahmic <ahmic.samir@gmail.com>
 To: user@hbase.apache.org; Sumit Nigam <sumit_only@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 3:42 PM
 Subject: Re: Table copies in hbase

Hi Sumit,IMHO snapshots are easiest way to copy tables you need just to steps:
1. create snapshot2.  clone snapshot to another table
What version of hbase you are using? Regarding you question what will happen in case operation
fails in case of cloning snapshot i have never experience such event if snapshot was not corrupted.
In case of CopyTable mr i assume that data will be partially copied. In any case your source
tables will be OK.

Regards Samir