hbase-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetić <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Official Docker image
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 20:23:29 GMT
Hi,

Don't have containerized HBase, but it's not terribly hard and Cosmin
Lehene has done it here: https://github.com/clehene/elastic-hbase (this not
just *just* containerized HBase, but also has the Marathon part for running
on top of Mesos)

But I think that HBase+Marathon+Mesos story is not complete.  Sure,
Marathon could move a Docker container with HBase RS in it to another node
in the cluster, but what happens with data locality when that happens?
Cosmin's talk touches on that and
http://www.confluent.io/blog/making-apache-kafka-elastic-with-apache-mesos
mentions the same sort of problems, but in the context of Kafka Brokers.

Otis