hbase-user mailing list archives

From Abraham Tom <work2m...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance testing and tuning
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 04:14:46 GMT
Hi all
does anybody have scripts or examples to do performance tests and
benchmarks on scans
We are using cloudera 2.5.5 hbase 1.0
and most interaction is via Node.js through Thrift.
we have a table thats currently about 20 million rows
key is code|account|2ndCode|2ndAccount|datetime|
unique_id

we do a lot of scans on datetime in reverse
The scan use to take less than a second when the table was under 5 million,
but lately its been about 10 sec now that we are about 20 million rows

Native API out of the question due to Node.js, so it has to be thrift

no column qualifiers either

but wanted to test native before thrift.  Any github repos or ideas would
be helpful

--
Abraham Tom
Email:   work2much@gmail.com  <work2much@gmail.com>