hbase-user mailing list archives

From sudhir patil <spatil.sud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stripe Compactions - recommended/stable in 0.98?
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2015 05:36:49 GMT
It would be great if some one can reply about stability of stripe
compactions.

Our performance tests with stripe compactions show much better results
compared to default compaction, but what worries me is this feature is
still marked as experimental in hbase book, also i have seen issues while
reverting back table with stripe compactions to default compaction.

Is stripe compactions stable enough to use in production? helpful to have
your views.