hbase-user mailing list archives

From sudhir patil <spatil.sud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stripe Compactions - recommended/stable in 0.98?
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2015 07:57:06 GMT
Thanks, Elliott & Devaraj.

While reverting back to default compaction for few tables alter statement
got stuck and did not complete even after long time. I had to kill the
process, i tried to rerun alter statements again on these tables disable
statements fails saying table is not enabled, so i tried enbaling table but
thats also fails, looks like these tables are in some unknown state  and
not able disable or enable.

Fallowed steps as mentioned here
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh5/cdh/5/hbase-0.98.6-cdh5.2.3/book/regions.arch.html#ops.stripe
to enable & disable stripe compactions.