hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Nguyen <anthony.an.ngu...@gmail.com>
Subject Upgrading HBase 0.98.4+ to 1.x Questions
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 05:48:16 GMT
Hi all,

I believe I have successfully done a rolling upgrade to a small test
cluster that I've stood up to test out the upgrade path (simply replaced
the jars and rebooted). One question I have is about the now default use of
HFile v3 as opposed to v2 which was used in 0.98 - what's the conversion
process, if any, of HFile v2 files to this new format? If there's no
conversion, what are the ramifications of having different HFile formats at
the same time? Would they eventually be taken care of during a compaction
and converted over?

Thanks!