hbase-user mailing list archives

From hongbin ma <mahong...@apache.org>
Subject performance difference between observer and endpoint
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2015 06:19:27 GMT
hi experts,

we're working on using observer/endpoint to visit hbase rows. During our
experiments we found that for *small interval scans* (where the scan range
is within a single region, and the scan range contains only tens/hundreds
of rows), observer is times faster than endpoint. Our question is, for *small
interval scans, *is observer naturally a better choice than endpoint?

I do know how to use these two coprocessors, however I'm not quite clear
about the fundamental difference of them that might lead to performance
gap. Any documentations or insights are greatly appreciated.

--
Regards,

*Bin Mahone | 马洪宾*
Apache Kylin: http://kylin.io