hbase-user mailing list archives

From Loknath Priyatham Teja Singamsetty <singams.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hbase client in sandboxed GAE environment
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 14:58:53 GMT
Hi Folks,

I just started on open source hbase. Tried to follow docs to start the
hbase process on hbase-1.1.2 and noticed few warnings related to JDK 8 VM
options (which was a change incorporated in JDK 8, a change to move towards
meta space instead of perm gen).

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=128m;
> support was removed in 8.0
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
> MaxPermSize=128m; support was removed in 8.0

*My question is* more general on where can I find the document specially
the release notes which talks about the features, bug fixes, dependencies
and the range of versions supported on that dependency.

Lets say, the hbase-1.1.2 supports JDK 8 or higher, then we can clean up
the above VM options.

Thanks in advance for the help here.

Thanks,
Teja.