hbase-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetić <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Recent (major) compaction improvements?
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 04:32:58 GMT
Hi,

We have HBase 0.98 cluster that seems a bit over-provisioned, except when
running major compactions:

https://apps.sematext.com/spm-reports/s/AFzTU2celd
https://apps.sematext.com/spm-reports/s/OrGnXcGMeo

I was hoping to find some info about improved major compactions (i.e. less
CPU-intensive, faster) in post-0.98 releases, but I haven't been able to
locate anything so far.

I looked at http://www.slideshare.net/xefyr/apache-hbase-10-release but
didn't see any mention of changes/improvements around compactions.

Have there been any (significant) improvements around compactions in recent
releases?

Thanks,
Otis