hbase-user mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding the regionservers file on the HBase master
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2015 18:38:30 GMT
The regionservers file is used only by the start-hbase.sh and stop-hbase.sh
kind of scripts. That is why the documentation is referring to as "if you
rely on ssh to start your daemons". These scripts executes the start or
stop daemon request using SSH. That is also why you need to have a list of
hostnames.

Nothing on a running cluster depends on the regionservers file. The
regionserver discovery, etc already happens via zookeeper.

If you are deploying via chef or Ambari, etc, or manually starting the
daemons on every node via hbase-daemon.sh, you do not need the
regionservers file in the conf directory.

Enis