hbase-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Vimont <dan...@commonvox.org>
Subject Seeking advice regarding an extension of the HBase API
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 05:10:19 GMT
I am a relative newcomer to the HBase world, and have been working for a
couple of months to acquire experience in working with the HBase API.

Part of my hands-on learning process has been devoted to the building of a
set of metadata-management tools (building upon my past experiences with
other DBMSes) which may or may not be of use to HBase developers. If there
are some who feel it MIGHT be useful to them, I'll continue to work on it;
if it's more likely NOT useful, I'll keep on looking for other ways to
learn about and contribute to the HBase platform.

For whoever's willing, I would ask you to spend a minute or two to look at
the overview of what I've got so far (on the main page of a set of
Javadocs):
http://bit.ly/MetaRepDocs

I'd appreciate brief feedback, especially focused on these questions:
(1) is a metadata-management package like this potentially useful
(particularly in a development environment), and
(2) does it duplicate the functionality of any existing technology (either
FOSS or proprietary)?

BTW, the code and JARs are out on GitHub: https://github.com/dvimont/MetaRep

Thanks for any advice you might have to offer!

Dan Vimont