hbase-user mailing list archives

From F21 <f21gro...@gmail.com>
Subject Question regarding the regionservers file on the HBase master
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2015 05:01:23 GMT
I have got 2 questions regarding the regionservers file on the HBase master:

1. Do we need to update the regionservers file when adding or removing a
region server from the cluster only if we administer it via SSH? The
documentation (http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#adding.new.node) is
quite unclear: "If you rely on ssh to start your daemons, don’t forget
to add the new hostname in/conf/regionservers/on the master."

2. What is the regionservers file used for? Why can't the region servers
and master discover each other through the Zookeeper /hbase/rs znode?