hbase-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetić <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Disk usage drops after RegionServer restart? (0.98)
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2015 02:21:45 GMT

Is/was there a known issue with HBase 0.98 "holding onto" files?

We noticed the used disk space metric going up, up and up and we could not
stop it with major compaction.
But we noticed that if we restart a RegionServer 2 things happen:
1) its disk usage immediately drops a lot
2) the disk usage of other RegionServers drops some as well

Have a look at this chart:

At 1:54 we restarted the first RS (blue line)
At 2:03 we restarted the second RS (dark green line)

Is/was this a known HBase 0.98 issue?