hbase-user mailing list archives

From DO YUNG YOON <sho...@gmail.com>
Subject Introducing Project S2Graph
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 17:57:03 GMT
Hello Forks.

I want to introduce an open-source distributed graph database s2graph on
HBase.

Here is the github repository and presentations that describe how s2graph
store data as property graph model and production usecases.

github: https://github.com/kakao/s2graph
presentation:
1. hbasecon(2015-05): http://www.slideshare.net/HBaseCon/use-cases-session-5
2. apachecon(2015-09):
http://schd.ws/hosted_files/apachebigdata2015/06/s2graph_apache_con.pdf

It is inspired by "TAO: Facebook`s Distributed Data Store for Social Graph"
but implementation is different and use HBase as storage.
It is linear scalable regarding to both number of server and how many edges
that bfs search traverse on.
It is not complete graph database, but simple layer to transform data into
property graph model and provide fully asynchronous breadth first search on
graph.

currently more than 20 services from my company kakao(
http://www.kakaocorp.com/en/main) are powered by in production and our
average response time stay under 100ms with 20k breadth first search query
per second at peak on more than trillion edges for about 8 months.

if you find it interesting, please leave me comment.

Thanks,
Doyung Yoon