hbase-user mailing list archives

From Liren Ding <sky.gonna.bri...@gmail.com>
Subject Does adding new columns cause compaction storm?
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2015 01:53:00 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to design a schema for time series events data. The row key is
eventId, and event data is added into new "date" columns daily. So in a
query I only need to set filter on columns to find all data for specified
events. The table should look like following:

rowkey  |  09-01-2015 | 09-02-2015 | ......

eventid1      data11              data12
eventid2      data21              data22
eventid3      ......                    ,......

I know during compaction the data with same row key will be stored
together. So with this design, will new columns cause compaction storm? Or
any other issues?
Appreciate!