hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Purging an Hbase table after accidentally deleting the store files
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 22:44:39 GMT
On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 1:18 PM, Sam William <sampd@stumbleupon.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  I accidentally deleted  the HDFS location '/hbase/mytable' before I
> dropped the table from the hbase shell.  This table was a candidate for
> deleting anyway and I don't care about getting it back. I just want to
> purge it out of the system completely.   I can't disable or describe the
> table as the file '.tableinfo' is missing.  I don't think hbck is going to
> help.  Can I just delete the tables entries from the .META table. Will that
> solve the issue ?

Hey Sam:

This stuff is pretty dumb. Have you tried adding back a dir named for the
table under hdfs and then putting under it an appropriate .tableinfo file
(you could make the .tableinfo offline in a little standalone instance by
creating the table there and copying its .tableinfo across -- or just copy
across the whole created table dir).  That might get you a little further.
Be careful! Paste in here your next obstacle....